Saturday, August 9, 2014

"Procrastination"

"The Only Regret Is Not Having Enough Time" 

I meant to hang up a picture on my wall today, but I didn't get around to it. 
I bought the picture at a used bookstore that sells more than books - it sells music, movies, video games, everything.
I got the picture at a good price because it has a small scratch in it. It's holographic, so those things matter. It's so small that most people won't even notice it when it's on my wall. The scratch, that is. 
I wish I could have gotten around to hanging it, but stuff came up. I woke up and took a shower, and then I made myself breakfast. I live alone now because I just moved out of my folks' home, and I like to enjoy the silence. 
My parents are overbearing. 
I bet my mom would hang up the photo if I asked, but I won't. 

My breakfast was followed by a service at a church I don't even like anymore, but I go out of guilt. I was raised in a religious home and what if God really DOES record when we don't show up to his house? What then? 

I got home and ripped off my tie and settled into my favorite chair with a thick sandwich and Netflix. I watched the entire last season of The Office because that's been my thing lately. Nellie finally won me over with "Couples Discount" - she bothered me during season 8, but season 9 was really her thing, I guess. 

I also read a bit, but not as much as I'd like. I went back to the television after a bit, which disappoints me. Watching too much television can rot my brain - what, haven't you ever read Dear Mr. Henshaw

I made dinner and finished eating. It was okay, but it wasn't great. I might go out tomorrow on my lunch break - I haven't done that in a while, and there's a new Chinese buffet that just opened two blocks from my office. Sounds like a plan! 

I looked at the picture, sat down, and wrote this instead. Phooey on me. I've really been digging for short story ideas and this is the best I can come up with?

I'm ashamed.

Reader, whoever you are, I might have given you a bad impression of myself, but I'm lazy mostly only on Sundays. Who knows? I might hang that picture tomorrow, but I honestly kinda doubt it. I guess I better go give my mom a call. 

No comments:

Post a Comment